Saturday, April 29, 2017

Advice

If I were hired to implement new media in Baruch College, I would suggest a new and faster system for students to use for enrollment. The enrollment process can be confusing for some, as you must have a DegreeWorks profile open to make sure you are adding the right classes. Thats two tabs usually on a browser with a lot of copy and pasting course numbers into the class search engine. What I would like to do is create a touchscreen station where a student can select classes from a list of suggested courses that are degree specific to the student. Drag and drop, more transparency of course descriptions and seat availability would be the main features.

1 comment:

  1. I like your ideas here a lot, especially the part about more transparency in course descriptions, because last semester I took a class labeled as "Genres in Television" and it turned out to be a class that covered the presidential election and politics in media. It wasn't a bad class, but it was definitely not what I was expecting going in.

    ReplyDelete